Monday

Rose gift toppers from ribbon

Adding beauty to Christmas gifts simply.




I started with an old piece of wrinkled scrap ribbon.

Twisted an end and rolled it up to form the center of the rose.


Continued to twist the ribbon and wrap it around the center adding just a small spots of hot glue to the sides here and there. 
Tucked the end under the rose. Added a bit of hot glue the underside of the rose to secure it.  
These can be made from almost any kind of ribbon, sheers or solids, wired or non-wired, thin or wide. Ribbon with edging is nice as it defines the petals. 

These pretty little rose ribbons would work for weddings, and any other beautiful gift giving occasion.


Hot glue directly to gift. You can add additional ribbon, leaves, or small ornaments.









9 comments:

Lynn said...

These are really pretty!

Beth said...

Those roses are just gorgeous! How lovely and elegant a package they would make. Thanks for sharing your tutorial, and thanks for linking to the Poinsettia Party.
Blessings, Beth

saltbox
treasures
said...

Your roses are beautiful!!! Thanks for sharing. Merry Christmas!
~ Julie

KimMalk said...

I'm having one of those "why didn't I think of that?" moments? I've pitched sub-standard ribbon before, this is wonderful idea!

Anonymous said...

This is definitely the package I would like to receive....I wouldn't even care what was inside if I knew I would get one of the flowers. Your friends and family are very lucky!

Take care,
Lisa

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

Beautiful package toppers! They really would be part of the gift- they are so pretty! Thank you for sharing at Feathered Nest Friday and Happy Holidays!

Small Holdings Farm said...

I'm heading out the day after Christmas to buy all the pretty ribbon I can get my hands on....for next year....all my packages will be decorated with these beautiful roses! Sherron

Stop by my blog by Jan 3 for a great candle give-a-way

Anonymous said...

Jessa,
This rose is lovely. I want to make a few for a special present for someone. Thanks for sharing. Pat

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

I am so loving this and so easy to boot!!

Thanks again for this tutorial!!

Hugs,
Deb

Simple accents for crafts, bridal showers, baby showers, home, decor, or gifts:

Popular posts: